Looking for a tube phono pre

Looking for a tube phono pre in the 2500 to 3k price range. Currently running a Sutherland Insight LPS. Using a PrimaLuna EVO 400 integrated and VPI Prime scout with Hana ML. I have a Chinook on order at Upscale but they are dragging their feet and I have read some reliability issue post with the Chinooks, so I can cancel the order. Anyone compare the Rogue to a Chinook? Thanks

128x128jmphotography

@jmphotography  I also have the ModWright PH9.0X & it is wonderful. It sounded great even with the basic stock JJ tubes but I switched them for NOS military Tesla & it's now amazing! Excellent communication from Dan as well.

The Chinook is a really nice phono stage for the price.  I bought mine pre-owned in 2018 and it has seen a lot of use with no issues.  I'd cancel your order with Upscale and jump on this https://echohifi.com/details/17222/Manley-Laboratories_Chinook.  They won't drag their feet, it will be shipped out tomorrow.

I eventually upgraded to a Herron VTPH-2A, but they are now unobtainable.  I still use the Chinook every morning while getting ready for work.

I’m surprised you’re having an issue with Upscale, they’ve always been great to me. They must be waiting for stock from Manley? That said I’ve bought some really nice used AQ Wild Blue Yonder (expensive) cables from Echo hifi and they’re great to deal with! Definitely worth keeping tabs on their used/FS ads.

@jmphotography I suggest clicking the buy button. Things go fast from their web site. You don't have to pay when you do, and you can always change your mind after talking to them, it just puts you first in line.