Lyngdorf MP-50 Alternative

I currently have a Lyngdorf MP-50 Preamp.  I love the sound and the flexibility of the unit however it doesn't have analog inputs, and I would really like to have them on my next unit.  Currently my set up consists of the MP-50, McIntosh 207, Kef Reference 3 towers and reference 2c center, JL Audio 113 subs with an Aurender N100H streamer.  

I would like to have the option of adding equipment with an external DAC but that isn't currently possible.  So my question is, what will give me close to the same results that Room Perfect on the MP-50 gives me, without needing to be professionally installed?  Music play back is very important, yet I really don't want to give up HT performance.  What do you suggest I look at for a replacement?  HDMI 2.1 isn't a must, but eARC is.  

Thanks in advance!
wheelndeal1099

Hi wheelndeal, wondering how the new Lyngdorf is working for you.  The sonic performance is supposedly identical to the MP40, its just more feature-rich.  I'm in same boat as you, as I have a wonderful CD/SACD player that I want to use analog output from without re-digitizing.  What made you decide not to pursue the analog option (or did you find a workaround)?

Why not add a stereo preamp with HT bypass?  I own a Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 but only use it for movies, gaming and video streaming.  I have an Ayre KX/VX-5 Twenty combo for anything 2 channel (DAC and TT at the moment).  The Lyngdorf's R/L outputs go into one of the Ayre's inputs which then are assigned to HT bypass (wide open, so the Lyng can control the volume).  There are lots of stereo preamps with HT bypass if you want to spend less though.  It really is the best of both worlds for one room systems.

Couldn’t agree more with audiom3.   I have a Lyngdorf MP50 that I use in conjunction with an octave audio pre with HT bypass and octave monoblocs.   Then I use Krall TAS 5 channel for the center and surrounds.   Lyngdorf for the movies/Xbox and octave pre with separate DAC for two channel listening.  Works great!

rshad, is your octave preamp significantly better than Lyngdorf in 2 ch, or is it just a slight improvement?

The lyngdorf is certainly no slouch, but I find the octave to be more transparent and have better soundstage depth.    Octave is a bit more neutral sounding than some tube pre and amps but it is a bit warmer than the Lyngdorf as well.