Music Lovers! Unite in helping Ukraine!

We are fortunate to live in countries that allow us to pursue financial success. I believe most of us on here has attained that to a degree that we are living relatively comfortably.

The Russian military is beginning to utilize all the massive firepower at its disposal. Since their offensive has bogged down, they are changing tactics. Their new tactic is to surround a city and shell it indiscriminately, inflicting as much human misery as possible. A rocket, missile and artillery shell doesn’t care if you are a soldier, old woman, or an infant. Neither does Putin.

When they unleash it like they did in Syria, it will be a humanitarian catastrophe not seen since the Second World War. Death and destruction on a massive scale.

Please, consider giving to a charitable organization to help.

We have so much. Give some of it to whom it will literally make a difference between living and dying. You will be saving a life. A life of someone loved. Just as you love.

unitedhelpukraine.org

This is the charity I used, but there are several more of your choice. International Red Cross, Save the Children, CARE, to name a few.

Please, let’s all do what we can to help.

thecarpathian

Thank you to all who have made a positive contribution to this thread!

And made a contribution!

@audition__audio 

Once again I made sure:

there is no democracy here
hypocrite - a person with double standards
the truth is no one cares

Put pressure on our government to do the right thing. We didnt do jack in 2014, a total cluster pulling out of Afghanistan and now this in the Ukraine. Not just the U.S. but Europe as well. It seems business as usual rather than pay more at the pump. 

Start here. This number should be ZERO and it was just 18 months ago.

Cut off Putins ATM we are financing this mess.

Wife is in Poland now helping with refugees, she is of Ukrainian heritage and is an RN. Here sisters and their children are in Germany now next stop USA. 

Please make a contribution to one of the Charities listed in this thread.

The most recent data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration show that in December, the U.S. imported 405,000 barrels per day of crude oil and petroleum products from Russia or almost 5% of all U.S. imports for the month. That's down from about 800,000 barrels in August. 

I can't help it. I have to say something. Too many uniformed tools posting nonsense. So easy to be an armchair warrior. 

If we don't buy Russia's oil, someone else will. It's fungible. Not buying it will drive up the price. What's needed is for everyone to not buy their oil and be prepared to open more reserves, produce more, and be prepared to still pay more. The price will not come down anytime in the near future. Get a life and stop practicing folk economics. Let the experts sort it out.

For those interested in the nuts and bolts, here's some good reading on the logistics of the situation as it's playing out. A proper understanding can help one see the bigger picture. Russia can only go so far, logistically. To make up for it, they're going to get really ugly.

All the best,
Nonoise