PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review

This is interesting. The testing concludes that the filtering inside of the actual electronics device is what matters and that this PS Audio product actually adds its own noise. Some irony.  

seanheis1

There are all kinds of problems with this "review." Among them: The unit was acquired used, so there’s no assurance that it was functioning properly and - more important - PS Audio wasn’t given an opportunity to respond. So it’s just a hatchet job. Typical ASR. Nothing to see here. (Unless of course, ASR wants to accept the standing offer from @ted_denney . Then maybe we can discuss ASR’s credibility.)

There are many other issues with this "review," which itself is just a measurementalist’s fantasy.

I keep saying it, and the more I say it the less uncomfortable people get with it, so I'll keep saying it.  If you're on this forum you can likely afford to buy a new amp if something happens to it.  Plug it directly into the wall for best sound.  Install whole house surge protection, unplug your amp during lightning storms.  You can use a good surge protectors for everything else. --Jerry

If you become a regular of ASR, you'll save a lot of money. Much of the stuff tested fails or doesn't live up to manufactures claims.

I read that review earlier this week. Not encouraging for the AC regen curious.

I purchased a used Power Plant Premier(which is supposed to be their worst) for cheap here. Used it for 4 years, no problem, then had it refreshed by PS Audio 2 years ago. It should be good for another 10 years. My unit was manufactured in 2007! 

$1500 total investment and I hear and see(when I plug the TV into it) what "clean power" can do. It's not jaw dropping dramatic, but noticeable. If anything, it made a good hub for the excessively priced, fancy power cords.

PS Audio regen units are just another "try it yourself and decide" box. Inline with audiophoolery.

The new models are quite pricey. Before such an investment, dedicated circuit and fancy outlet, along with overpriced faux carbon  fiber cover recommended.

I was encouraged by reading this before I got the PPP

"tablejockey

If you become a regular of ASR, you'll save a lot of money"

This is honest,  true, accurate.

You're Music Reproduction System may sound like merde but you will save so much money you will be able to retire even on the US healthcare "system"!

**** Conclusions
I hope you appreciate the comprehensive assessment that I presented to you above trying to tease out in every possible way what the P12 does. ****

Conclusions? Comprehensive?  Every possible way?  

Really?  Not one word, not one, in this “review” about what the “reviewer” actually heard. Haven’t we learned anything yet?