Best streamer/DAC for up to $1500

I almost bought the Qutest. Even though it is still in my shortlist, I am thinking maybe I should go for the integrated solution of a streamar/DAC combo. My budget is no more than about $1500 MAX. MQA is not absolutely necessary. XLR outputs are preferable.

I am deciding towards a Cambridge CXN V2, unless someone here suggests an alternative.

Sound quality is obviously the most important criteria but right up there is also reliability too (at least 6+ years of trouble free reliable operation).

Any experiences ?

Thanks in advance.

128x128cakyol

I agree with fthompson251.

I actually have the previous version of the Node 2i and added the Denafrips Aries II just last week using a coaxial cable.  The sound quality is excellent.  

Good luck and have fun.

DO NOT get a DAC/streamer combo.  Both technologies are progressing so fast it makes no sense to have one tied to the other.  If I’m you, get an iFi Zen Stream with their better linear power supply and a Musician Pegasus R2R DAC.  In the future you can insert an optical connection between your router and DAC for only 80 bucks that will likely improve your sound even further, but that’s probably a topic for another thread.  In the meantime, here’s a review of the Pegasus from a very reputable site, and I also own the Pegasus and can confirm his observations...

https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/musician-audio-pegasus-r2r-dac-review/

Hope this helps, and best of luck. 

@soix 

Pegasus looks very interesting indeed.  Thanks for bringing it up.  I did not know it even existed.

I guess splitting the DAC & the streamer is an option.

Thanks for all your comments.