Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

jafant - Yes

The CS2 is the Dynaudio D28AF or later D28/2 which are Ferro-Fluid units.

The CS2.4 coax (I've been told, but not certain) is also F-F

Note there are many different formulae of F-F and only the correct one will keep the original parameters intact. Note also that a specific amount must be used.Too much will roll off the high end and too little doesn't give enough heat protection.

Rob is quite expert, I am not.

I had lunch this week with a friend of mine who lost his home in the Marshall fire in Colorado.  It didn't occur to me until we talked that, among his losses, were his Thiel 2 2's.  Sad day.

77jovian

My condolences to your friend. I hope that he can recoup all that has been lost.

Happy Listening!

I just got a great deal on a pair of CS3's. Just 3's no dot anything. They sound great. I found out that they originally came with a bass equalizer. I bought one "working perfectly" on ebay, but, it is problematic, scratchy. I brought it to a shop recommended by my speaker repair place.

I mentioned to the tech that I believed it was only used to boost the bass of the 8 inch woofers, but, he led me to believe that it did more than that, almost like it was constantly monitoring the signal and adjusting it accordingly.

Sounds to me rather impressive for a "black box" .... any info on this?

Thanks!