How to turn on Unity Gain on Pre Amp

I have a setting on my Lumin S1 streamer regarding a volume setting that I wanted to give a try. Can anyone please tell me how to set the McIntosh C2500 preamp to the suggested unity setting? I assume it would be a different term in the McIntosh manual. PS the Lumin has no remote so the McIntosh remote would still have to control the volume. Thanks

torxx

Tone bypass is not HT bypass, its function is to deactivate tone control setting.

On the C2500, " Passthru " is HT bypass. To activate passthru, you need to sent a 12Volt single by an external source to the back panel "power control" "Pass-thru" jack via a 3.5mm stereo cable (see owner's manual page 4).

Once the "Passthru" function is activated, all front panel control knobs and buttons including volume control will be deactivated except the "output 1/2 buttoms" (see owner's manual page 25), and the volume level will be automatically set and lock into unity gain (70%?).

I misspoke on the subwoofer being one of the reasons why I need the preamp. It has been a while since I looked behind my gear and the REL subs are taped into the amp, only the grounds are on the preamp. So easily hooked up the Lumin direct taking the preamp out of the system and surprised to say it looks / sounds like a clear winner. Didn't want that to be the case as I love my tube preamp, paid a lot for it, and it has cool blue meters.... Still got some A/B testing to do, but I know my system and every audio adjective there is seems to be noticeably improved. Makes no sense to me??  I guess less is more.

Post removed 

So easily hooked up the Lumin direct taking the preamp out of the system and surprised to say it looks / sounds like a clear winner. Didn't want that to be the case as I love my tube preamp, paid a lot for it, and it has cool blue meters

Yeah, I worked for Magnolia for a short stint and they had the KEF Blades hooked up to Mac gear.  I’d heard the Blades at shows and they’re quite impressive.  Hooked up to tha Mac gear, it sounded mushy and slow and not at all like what I’d heard from the Blades at shows.  Bottom line, I think you’re hearing what I heard and that you’d prefer a more detailed and neutral sound.  But I also wouldn’t use the Lumin’s preamp.  Preamps are hugely important to a system’s sound and I’m sure you can find a better preamp than the one in the Lumin.  Look at brands like Pass Labs, Linear Tube Audio, Backert Labs, Audio Research, etc. and I think you’ll find Audio nirvana.   The Mac is veiled , cloudy, and obscures detail, which is obviously not the case using your Lumin preamp section.  Pretty blue meters aren’t worth un-involving sound, which I think is what you’ve now realized.  Hope this helps, and best of luck in your search.