Thoughts about buying a Bedini 100

Hello to all...

Have never had a tube amp. 2 vintage Bedini amps for sale close to me: Bedini 100 for $500, Bedini 150 for $900...

Thoughts/suggestions for those with vintage tube amp experience, especially Bedini owner/former owners.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions...
insearchofprat
The electronics rework sounds simple for a competant tech - but should it cost around $500?
Given what I've experienced doing exactly this, that doesn't sound that far off.

I just found this thread  .. I've never posted anything here so please go with me.

I have three Bedini 801 amps ... two that I bought from John an Gary when they were new and another that I bought on eBay about 15 years ago. The two I bought from John and Gary have never been touched. The other one I bought on eBay has been modified, but I have no idea who did the work. It has a big 802 transformer and an added resistor on the board. They all have the original caps. Here's the big question ..... Where do I go to find replacement caps for these amps? Has anyone out there used different caps with success? Where di you get them? The original caps are not made any more.  Also, how essential is it to replace the other smaller caps on the board? Thanks for reading.

@triofan ,From what I’ve read on these forums, @autospec has knowledge of Bedini amps. No affiliation,just remember reading that on Agon. Try reaching out to him.

If the amps produce hum through the speakers then replace the power supply caps. Otherwise leave them alone! The board caps don’t need replacement. Will Vincent (autospec) lives in Idaho and was friends with the Bedini brothers. I bought a custom-built SET tube amp from him. He does good work!

If your amps have not been used in awhile get a variac and power them up slowly to avoid stressing the ps caps.