Luxman integrated for Harbeth Compact 7's

I’m looking to move on from a Croft phono integrated, which quite honestly, is quite nice with the 7’s. But as it goes in this hobby, we tend to enjoy playing with gear. In searching the forums here and elsewhere, it seems this combination has made some quite happy. My price range is $5000-$6000K US, so it’s the Class A 550 unit which I have my eye on. Looking for some thoughts on this. The Croft is so darned good, I may hold on to it. Especially considering it would only bring in $1000 or so. Thanks for your thoughts.
fjn04

@mbabst 

Luxman amps (especially Class A) sound too smooth to pair with the Harbeth C7ES3 and 30.2 and the newer XD, each of which are already rich sounding.

The Luxman do very well with the SHL5+ which are slightly more neutral sounding.  

No it doesn‘t! As stated above, I‘ve bought the 590axII and it is wonderful with the new 7XD! The new 7XD now sounds like a smaller SHL5. It is not as warm anymore as the older 7s. It is a heavenly match!

I had a Luxman DA-06 DAC several years ago... very nice sounding, double free DAC. Recommended.

I’m currently looking at the DA-06. May I ask if you have compared any Chord DACs to the Luxman. The reviews on the DA-06 appear to be contradictory. Some praise it to the heavens while some thought it’s rubbish with an overly warm sound which lacks detail.

@Ryder It's been a while since I owned the DA-06, but I don't recall it as being overly warm and it definitely does not lack detail.  It is well built as you would expect from Luxman.   If I didn't need a DAC with built in volume control (direct connection to amp, bypassing the need for a preamp), I wouldn't hesitate to own it today.  I had Harbeth M-40.1's at the time, by the way... and they are a warm speaker in my opinion.