Luxman integrated for Harbeth Compact 7's

I’m looking to move on from a Croft phono integrated, which quite honestly, is quite nice with the 7’s. But as it goes in this hobby, we tend to enjoy playing with gear. In searching the forums here and elsewhere, it seems this combination has made some quite happy. My price range is $5000-$6000K US, so it’s the Class A 550 unit which I have my eye on. Looking for some thoughts on this. The Croft is so darned good, I may hold on to it. Especially considering it would only bring in $1000 or so. Thanks for your thoughts.
fjn04

Showing 3 responses by avanti1960

I have owned the C7ES3 and have listened to the Luxman pairing.
The amp is an awesome looking piece of bling but the combination with Harbeth sounds soft and un-engaging IMHO.
Buy it if you want to but there are much better options for sound quality and synergy with the Harbeth C7s at your price point.

a rogue audio cronus magnum iii sounds better than any solid state integrated i have heard with the C7s including luxman.  

luxmans are too recessed for proper synergy.  

@mbabst 

Luxman amps (especially Class A) sound too smooth to pair with the Harbeth C7ES3 and 30.2 and the newer XD, each of which are already rich sounding.

The Luxman do very well with the SHL5+ which are slightly more neutral sounding.