Butcher Block Acoustics - What have they been up to?

I was getting ready to order from their site but much of what I want is out of stock.

Just wondering if anyone has interacted with them recently or has any background.  I thought maybe they were getting ready to introduce new products and were closing out the previous lines.

erik_squires

I've always gotten great service out of them. When I needed to "duplicate" my amp stand, but the feet were no longer made, Jim took care of me big time. Got it all sorted by cross shipping gear.

I just unpacked a new platform today.

I just got my 3 shelf Rigidrack.  Really excellent build quality with some caveats:

• No spares for anything. All screws and caps are exactly the right amount, so hopefully you don't need a replacement.
  • Pilot holes could be improved by counter sinking.  It's really hard to align those little holes sometimes.
  • OMG the packing materials.  While securely packed this seems like a very manual process, with copious amounts of packing tape, straps, and open cell foam.  It has taken me longer to break down the boxes and sort them into recycle/trash containers than it did to assemble the shelves.
Post removed 

Butcher Block sounds like quality control issues.

The rack itself had no QC issues at all and came obsessively packed.  It was more about the difficulties in unpacking and recycling the materials.