Audio nonsense

In this wonderful world of audio that we journey through folks selling stuff have sometimes been inventive in what they claim. In your trip down this road what sticks out as the most ludicrous thing you’ve seen someone try to sell? 

I can point to 2 things. When I first saw a Tice clock in a store I thought it was a gag. Next- Peter Belt. 

128x128zavato

@cakyol , trying to convince these people that their audio memory last about 2 msec is fruitless. Neurophysiology is beyond their understanding. As a group they are sooo easy to take advantage of which is why there is so much garbage on the market. 

Thanx for staying on board in spite of this. There are thoughtful people here you can have an intelligent conversation with.

Speaking of intelligent, whatever happened to Millercarbon? Is he OK?

@cakyol 

Well, with that background, you should have been educated in having an open mind. And yeah yeah, that’s great you have that as a background. Nowhere in your resume do you mention listening. That’s what we do, we listen to music. We don’t measure it with a slide rule. And that’s great that you’ve built gear, it’s important to get inside the machines that give us such joy. So, when you built this gear, did you try different quality components in different parts of the circuitry? To see what, if any difference there was in sonic presentation? Did you participate in open minded experimentation and exploration , or was it built like a Lego kit? 

Now, how many of the tweaks or modifications that you take such pleasure in dumping on, have you tried? 

"whatever happened to Millercarbon? Is he OK?"

I understand Tekton MOAB sales are down significantly since his last post.

@dill , Long term evaluation is not the key. You accommodate to what you are listening too. It becomes your normal even if it is horrendously out of wack. Most audiophiles have absolutely no idea what they are listening to. They have never measured their systems and rooms thinking they can take the CHEAP way out and do it by ear. 

A/B comparisons are anything but quick. Depending on the setup it takes hours to do one correctly.