Need speaker recommendations.

I need recommendations for speaker brand/models that can be placed relatively close to the front wall without degradation in sound quality. Say, within 1-2 feet. My front wall is ’h’ shaped (side view). There is a 1-ft deep ledge at the height of 2-ft 4-inch from the floor (imagine right half of the letter ’h’) and the overall height of the wall is 9-ft. Front to back wall is 18-ft.

Budget under US$8,000. Don’t care between stand-mounted or floor-standing. If a specific partnering amp/preamp are highly desirable (for any reason) please tell me why.

Thanks,

Amit

amitb

I was very impressed with the Joseph Audio Pulsars in my music room, about 2 ft off the wall.  My room is not as deep as yours, only 11 ft.  But I think that a pair of Pulsars is one of the great audio bargains because they hit way above their price point and sound great.  But speakers are like anything else in audio . . . Dependent upon room acoustics and your other equipment.

Magico A1s. Can be placed close to the walls and if you don't like the you can sell them and make your money back.

I have Focal Sopra No.1 in a small office and there are close to the wall I'm certain a bigger/better room would allow them to shine even more but... they are truly amazing. I cannot live without them them anymore!

@amitb ​​@retiredfarmer - I am currently playing a set of Equation 7 and I can attest they are positively magical with tubes somewhere in one's setup. I have tubes straight through Cary, Manley, Aesthetix & Line Magnetic and they are just fabulously well rounded with eerie imaging. Tubes are the best fit for the metallic tweeters (stupidly accurate) but I will say that they have been tremendous driven with a Quad 409 amp as well. Yes, not made any more but the builder/distributor, Pascal Ravich is still around up in Montreal. He focuses on Audiomat electronics these days & Duevel speakers but he will give you hours on end about his love for Equation speakers, how the company came to be and ultimately how it ended. If you ever see a set of these for sale for $1500 or less (cabinetry is incredible) you should jump on them. Special speakers. Just my opinion.