Anyone using a LAN isolator?

For those running an Ethernet cable to their streaming solution, whether Raspberry pi, nuc, streamer, etc, anyone using a LAN isolator? If so, what are the benefits and which one are you using? 

128x128zavato

@steakster : analog terminology and practice scares me a lot more than digital. One of the reasons I presently don’t own an analog setup at all. 😫 . The others being space and money.

But, I fully acknowledge that we all process information and application differently, we all have our strong and soft spots. We all have different, varying levels of comfort.

@steakster

It’s a whole new world - Indeed!

As much I enjoyed spinning vinyl and CD’s, I am done with all that. My digital has transcended both vinyl and CD playback. 

No reference streaming setup at this point, as with all of audio, likely never will. With all the choices available one can choose to get frustrated, insist they're setup is ultimate or learn from experimenting and experiential learning. I choose the later.

I tried a medical grade passive isolator and it did a little. I got an EtherRegen from the very first shipment and have heard what it can do in two different ethernet based systems. One just below $10k and the other well above $100k. Fantastic results from the EtherRegen plugged into an power conditioner.

EMO en-70 HD Isolator plus DX Engineering DXE Iso Plus filter to start, ultimately you will likely end up with an Etherregen. The latter benefits significantly from an Ocxo clock and LPSU. For further improvements consider a good Ocxo clocked swith in front of the Etherregen