Inexpensive speaker cables: any experience?

I’m currently running some entry Kimber Kable speaker cables and looking at possibly upgrading. In my research I’ve come across some “budget” options on eBay. I assume they’re not great but curious if anyone has any experience with some “no-name” or “budget” cables? 

Thoughts on these? 

Thanks!

paulgardner

paulgardner Rather than listening to this forum, you would do better to listen to some cables. Borrow or rent a few at different price points, to see where your subjective response takes you. You may be an OMG! believer and go off in that direction, or, like me, if it's long enough and is plugged in at both ends, it's good to go!

I purchased Signal Cable Co. speaker cables 6 years ago at a great price and have never looked back.  

Post removed 

I’ve spent a lot of time fooling with cables in addition to building high end speakers professionally. It seems silly to hook up $300-1k cables to a speaker that uses plain copper speaker wire internally.  The same thing applies to power cables. $1200 power cable that connects to a wall outlet that’s been wired with the cheapest copper the builder could buy. 

I use a quality oxygen free 10 gauge wire on my 4 ohm speakers, and 12 gauge on most everything else. Ray Kimber’s wire excels in long runs or in a noisy environment.  Most speaker wire runs are short distance. You don’t need a heavy gauge for that. Folks spend gobs of money on wire because it makes them happy knowing they have the “best”.