6H30 replacement

I have looked for a western replacement for the 6H30, but I believe the 6DJ8, 6922 or 7308 would get destroyed because if the high voltage.

this is for a hybrid amp, Pathos Heritage. When I bought the amp, I was told that the voltage was low enough for 6DJ8, 6922 or 7308 but now I am being told otherwise.

I just have no ears for the 6H30s and I want to get them out of my amp if at all possible.

thank you for your help.

Astolfo

128x128astolfor

You bought a 6H30 based amp, doubtful you can substitute as the high voltage WILL destroy the tubes.  Why not check with Pathos and see what they say?  I would start there.

The Tubestore shows E-H and Sovtek tubes. You might also try Audio Research they use that tube in a lot of their gear.

@stereo5 I checked with them.

Since I am stuck with 6H30s, I will have to look at different 6H30s than the Sovteks.

Give yourself a little time to adjust to the sound of the new amp. If you still don’t like it, sell it and get something you like. I don’t think different brands of 6h30s will make a big difference in the sound. conrad-johnson tried them once, they were called composite triode amps and preamps, and quickly changed back to their traditional tube types. If you have to take a small loss, that’s part of the learning process in audio.

questions like this should always be directed at the manufacturer... who would know exactly how the spec'd tube is being run, and thus what substitutes, if any, could be used