Question about Class A

So I read all the time how awesome Class A Amps/Integrated's (SS and Tube) are.

I currently have a Vincent SV-500 Hybrid and feel it sounds really good.

But I have this itch now to hear what Class A would sound like and would it be a big difference to my current Vincent.

I wanted to ask what are some good Class A Integrated's that I could look into?

I know Pass Labs always comes up and for good reason but those might be a bit out of my budget.

I would say I can probably go to $3K new or used.

Sugden is another brand that I have researched a lot and the A21 retails for around $2500 and there is a dealer in Socal that carries it, so that one is tempting.

Vincent has the SV-237 MK II but I think that is only Class A for the 1st 10 watts into 8-ohms and I have 4-ohm speakers so I am not sure if that would give me any Class A magic. I am sure it would sound similar to my SV-500 but have more base extension.

Could you all recommend any other one's? I have been researching but haven't come across any (SS or Tube).

Thanks

128x128jay73

Investigate GaN amps first. There are several threads on AG that should prove helpful (one is mine). As I recall, at least one person preferred the LSA Voyager GaN amp to Nelson Pass, PLUS, GaN runs cool (less electricity) and Underwood sells them for ~ $2500. I have owned one for over a year now, and every upgrade I make around it is immediately appreciated

I also had the LSA Voyager 350 GAN (modded by EVS). It is not a Class A sound. It sounds more like a Benchmark AHB2 with more low-end and can go down to 2 Ohms. I sold the LSA Voyager -> Parasound A21+ -> KRELL 175XD (happy with the KRELL). I kept the Benchmark AHB2.

The KRELL stereo amps are rather ugly and big. The K-300i is not too bad looking.

Here is a review of the Parasound A21+ that mentioned Class A and low volume listening.

Parasound Halo A 21+ Stereo Amplifier Reviewed - HomeTheaterReview

I owned the older Parasound A23 and I was happy to sell it. The A21+ was so much better than the A23. From what I have read the A21 is supposed to be a big step up from the A23. I would imagine the same for A23+ to A21+.

Just came across this Amp: Vision SET 400 Amplifier

Any opinions on it? So far the reviews I read seem positive.

AVA build quality value minded gear. Rave reviews all over the interweb.

The OP is looking for a Class A integrated amplifier.  Budget extends to 3K new/used.  The Sudgen A21SE used is the only one that comes to mind. Others?