Wilson Audio Tunetot Loudspeakers Reviewed !

highend666

Wilson's are very sensitive the gear your hook up to them. They will reveal everything, for better or worse. I listened to these speakers yesterday, extensively, brought my Sugden integrated and it was a match made in heaven. I mean other worldly awesome, totally engaging, musical, detailed and accurate. 

Conversely, I then listened on some Naim gear. If that is where I started and stopped I wouldn't have considered the Tune Tots at all. Not that it sounded bad, just wasn't engaging or as rhythmic.  

This exercise validated what I had researched and been told about Wilson. You need to make sure you like the gear you attach to them, and you need to know that gear well because Wilson tends to act like a reverse Microphone. 

I was really impressed with this speaker, to the point I am considering them over my awesome Sonus Faber speakers. It's most certainly not a desk top or kitchen speaker, not sure why they market them that way, 

Another great review     "Quad ESL 57's GOOD"

LOL, Ken Kessler is the epitome of everything that is wrong with hifi reviewers. Just look at the measurements, you will have to try super hard to mess up a 2-way like that.   

I don't think the Tune Tot has ever sounded bad ... in different listening positions and Amp / Pre combinations (casual observation).

But what is impressive is how good the ' Sound ' is when matched with higher tier Amplifier.

Also I like the design of Vandy VLR but have not listened to VLR at all however Vandersteen has good Rep and the price is much less.

Darkos Non Review: 

People's listening opinions are like, you know what! Especially in this Hobby, y'all should know this by now, way to many factors involved. Music, gear, age, even the time of the day, can make a significant difference. One opinion concerning gear can be, "those are the worst speakers I have ever heard," another opinion concerning the exact same gear, "Wow, those are the best speakers that I have ever heard in my life," so why do you think that is? Every one of our Brains are wired Different, it mainly depends on what kind of listener we are, individually.