Synergistic Orange and purple fuses popping

Synergistic Orange and purple fuses popping

I recently upgraded all my gear with the new Synergistic orange and purple fuses (15 in all) What a difference! My Cary SLP-05 preamp with 8 Vintage Tungsten  6SN7 tubes is having problems with the Orange and Purple Synergistic fuses in the power supply. For some reason when I turn on the preamp amp after warming up the powersupply unit, the 2 power supply fuses pop. So far Synergistic has been gracious and replaced them twice now. I increased  the 2 large slow blow fuses from 1amp to 2amps after asking Cary audio what I should try. I also spoke with Synergistic and they agreed their fuses are sensitive but all the stock fuses I ever used have worked flawlessly. Any body out there with any similar problems and maybe a solution? Any upgraded hi-fi fuses that may be less prone to popping? I think it may be due to a current rush (tube related) when I go from off to on. Help!

Thanks

gregtheis

“ Synergistic Research Quantum Fuses employ a custom alloy treated with 2,000,000 volts of electricity! “

Just think about this statement for a while 😏

I blew a purple Saturday and am bummed. The system was off and it had to be static electricity.

And how would we know that?
Unless it is an X-Files episode,  we do not have ball-lightening or static at 1A ratings.

SO I ordered another at 2 amps versus 1 amp SB from ALfred. I assumed it was my fault. I really dont like he stock fuse.

I have heard about being committed to a cause, and going “All in”… But why would you put a 2A fuse in a device that wants a 1A d fuse?
(It is like deciding to double a prescription dose.)

maybe very large cat jump through window, take like to amplifier and rub with fur..

The best responses are: Those fuses are not UL rated! Danger, danger Wil Robinson.