Your method for discovering great music.

I'm in a slump. It has been a while since I've discovered new music that I really like. And when I say "new" I mean new to me. Maybe even rediscovered would count as new.

I do not have a method. I usually stumble into new music that I like. I also don't have loads of hours to sort through tons of stuff I don't like. Plus I find that random sort of pursuit to be frustrating and unrewarding most of the time.

Amazon Music had half decent 'recommended for you' lists but I don't recall if that ever paid off. I use Qobuz now which sucks in that particular department.

I've found a few bands that I like from recommendations here at Audiogon but I have not been here much lately.

So I'm curious as to how some of you approach that search for great music that is either actually new, new to you or rediscovered.

n80

@dancub Can you explain what you mean by:

Now it's"   Radio Paradise => Qobuz => "Go to Artist" => "Similar Artists" and you're off on an adventure.   

Sorry to be so dense. Does this mean you start in Qobuz?

@2channel8 

I will check out those links. Thanks. We need something similar here. I know there are "new for 2021 etc" threads. And there are "what are you listening to threads" but I do not recall a long running "little known artist thread." There needs to be one here.

I will start one if it isn't redundant or stepping on someone else's toes.

Sure. It's a shorthand I use to describe movement somewhere on the web. This is based on using the free Bluesound app BlueOS, which I forgot to mention (sorry!). I'm betting there's Tidal or Spotify or Amazon have similar functionality.

1) It means I listen to Radio Paradise and hear a song I like.
2) I go to that song on Qobuz (one click if you have the Bluesound app)
3) I then go to the artist's page on Qobuz via their "Go to Artist" function (again, one click.)
4) Once at the artist's page, Qobuz automatically suggests other artists (one click on their "Similar Artists" feature)

So now you have a bunch of similar artists to explore in three clicks. 

Does that make more sense?  

Yes, it makes sense and for some reason I have not used the "Got to Artist" function in Qobuz but I will certainly check it out now. Thanks!

If not already mentioned, Brilliant Classics on YouTube regularly posts attractive classical music including lesser/unknown composers eg today piano sonatas by Galuppi.  They post music from Baroque through actually attractive more modern stuff.