pre-amp processor

i'm trying to decide between the  Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 

and the Acurus ACT 4 any thoughts and information woul be of great help

dsk3

@maxwave 

The Acurus is both hardware and software upgradeable I don’t think that the lyngdorf is and neither is McIntosh I don’t feel like having to buy new equipment every few years 

Lyngdorf and McIntosh are firmware upgradeable.

More over , the firmware are upgradeable right from the processor.

No need for a Laptop computer which is a mess.

I think , the Lyngdorf is hardware upgradeable , but not the McIntosh.

Don’t be fooled, the hardware upgrades are expensive ( parts , labor , shipping) Some manufecturers use this upgradebility as a marketing strategy against the midfi receivers.

The best ´´ no need to upgrade hardware ´´ is the Trinnov processors.

Except for the HDMI 2.1 that should be availlable soon; the Trinnov firmware and audio format  can be upgraded whatever it might be, without the need of hardware upgrade.

I am not sure but StormAudio may also, not need hardware upgrades

The Acurus is both hardware and software upgradeable I don’t think that the lyngdorf is and neither is McIntosh I don’t feel like having to buy new equipment every few years 

It sounds like you are putting upgrade features over sound quality.  If that's the direction you want to go, that's fine.  I would say the McIntosh MX-160 is still going to out-perform the newest Lyngdorf as far as sound quality goes.

@dsk3

@auxinput is wright ( as usual ) If you are looking mostly for the new features ,you may buy

a Yamaha RX- A8A receiver . But I think , the ´´old ´´ McIntosh MX 160 will

still sound  a lot better.

By the way , the cost of hardware upgrades ( all included ) cost as much as the brand new top Denon HT receiver .