Spatial M3 Sapphire or Klipsch Forte 4

Looking to get a high efficiency speaker, that matches well with push pull tubes and single ended triode. I listen mainly to classic rock type music. 
Think Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, type stuff.

Want to feel the punch of kick drum and quick dynamic transients. 

What are your thoughts? 

Thanks 

mike_f

@mike_f Personally I think the Sapphires need a little more wattage but I do think that may be based on room size and listening levels. I also agree with @snapsc that the sound is so very lifelike. I think the presentation between these two speakers would be vastly different. Also, the M3's are not small by any means and are better out in the room. I have had mine since 2019 and it took me a while to really love them. tweaking acoustics, amps and they love improvements on the front end. M4's might be fine in your listening room and be less $$

I owned the original Spatial M3 Turbo S. It represented a terrific value, and offered great sound for the money. However, they don't really do bass the way you're describing. In my open floor plan home I needed to employ (2) 15" subs and a sub EQ to get somewhat realistic bass. While I owned them, I also seriously considered adding many room treatment panels because I felt the speakers demanded it.

I'm still a Spatial fan, and wish I had a room they worked well in (small, well treated, long but narrow, and with a low ceiling) something like a purpose built man cave in the basement...unfortunately I don't.

This is a long way of saying the Forte 4 is likely going to be easier to integrate into a room unless you already have the right dimensions, room acoustics dialed in, and multiple subs (for your classic rock).

@ozzy62, the LaScala has been one I've lusted over in the past but have a hard time justifying the real estate for the amount of low end the speaker provides (on paper)...I've not heard them. Are you using subs to support the lower frequencies?

While it doesn't go much deeper on paper, the LS II "appears" to have more bass than earlier versions. On about 80% of what I listen to, they are fine on their own. That said, I do have a pair of HSU ULS-15 II subs to augment them. My room is dedicated, so I don't have to worry about how big a speaker is.

My listening room is in my basement. It is 14’ wide and 26’ deep. The ceilings are 7’ high. There is a support column in the middle that limits how far I can sit from the front wall. The back of my chair is 12’ from the front wall, as it rests against the support column. So I’m 12’ from the front wall. It’s 14’ wide. And I have 14’ deep of empty space behind me. (The other side of the basement) The walls are studs on top of the cinder block wall, with half inch sheet rock. The ceiling is a drop ceiling, with 2’ foot square ceiling tiles. I have 3 Martin Logan Dynamo 11 subwoofers. (2 in the front corners and one to the side in rear) 

Based on your room  and seating position and having subs that you could cross at40hz… the Sapphires would do what you want and more… but they really do need 3-400 hours of break in… and at least 45” from the front wall and 2’ from the side walls.

how loud do you listen?