Marantz SA-10

I currently own a Modwright Marantz SA-8005. Its has some upgrades including a WyWires umbilical and SR Purple fuse. Its a great player but I'm considering some system upgrades and the Modwright outboard PS will be an issue. The plan was to move to either an Esoteric/Luxman unit but after doing some research another possible candidate might be a Marantz SA-10. Has anyone had a chance to compare the SA-10 with the Modwright SA-8005? Would the SA-10 be and upgrade or just a sideways move? As always your feedback is appreciated.

cmach

cmach

Is there an aspect that you do not enjoy with the Modwright SA-8005?

Happy Listening!

Jafant,

Overall I'm very pleased with the Modwright. Its takes some effort to get the best ouf of it but get it right and you'll be rewarded. Its more the logistics, the extra power cord, power supply and umbilical take away precious real estate. I'd like to reclaim that for other possible upgrades.

I have come to enjoy the Marantz house sound and that's what sparked my interest in the SA-10. I'd like to know if its a significant upgrade over my Modwright sonically.

@cmach I am in the same boat.  My Modwright Marantz 8005 has served me very well and the Marantz SA-10, Esoteric K-03XD and Luxman D-10x are on my potential upgrade list.  I would be interested in your journey.  An outside entry would be the PS audio transport and dac when it becomes available.