Problem with Esoteric service

Hello all. I recently bought an Esoteric UX3SE from another site. It arrived intact. After giving it 24 hours to warm up, I settled in for a listen. It sounded great. However, the next day as I went to listen I found that the unit didn't want to read many of my perfect CDs. I verified that the discs played on other units. Still, the Esoteric gave the message "no disc". I called Esoteric to find out the cost of evaluating the problem and to find out their service cost. Two days into trying to get a call back, I'm worried about this company. The receptionist says that only one man; Brian can answer questions about my problem. I'm concerned with the fact that I've called three times in attempt to talk to him. Of course I can return the unit to the seller so I'm not out the money. Does anyone else have experience with Esoteric? I'm nervous about them at this point. Thank you. Joe
128x128jnovak
Post removed 

jnovak

Thank You for the follow up. Which player did you purchase after returning the Esoteric?

Happy Listening!

I ended up buying a PS Audio combo. I'm very happy with it and the service is right here!

Another note, I'm surprised of the tone of the last few replies to this now seven year old post. If Esoteric is willing to service old players, that speaks well of them. Keep in mind; Esoteric probably didn't make thousands of any one CD player. The idea of setting up service centers around the country isn't feasible at this level. Also, I'm guessing that most customers who are willing to shell out $20,000.00 for a CD player probably are willing to buy a new one 15 years down the road. If this is true then Esoteric is catering to second hand owners. Again, it;s nice of them to do so. Hasn't anyone taken advantage of the "transport only" service that Esoteric started offering? Joe

jnovak

Nice score! Joe.  Yes, there are plenty of Esoteric spinners on the demo/used marketplace.  It would be helpful to learn which Model(s) must have the drive (transport)/ Laser block returned to Japan for jig-tool servicing?

Happy Listening!

Steer clear of Esoteric players, @missioncoonery nailed it in his post. You’re are at the mercy of Cali service center.