Would appreciate a group consensus on Agon purchased amps

Hello all,

I purchased and recieved a pair of Bel Canto Amps form a fellow Agonner. Amps were well packaged - I paid extra for shipping with Fed Ex as the seller wanted to use UPS. I was informed prior to the sale that he did not have original boxes, and he did package them very well - no issues there.

The question I have is would any of you be bothered if you bought a pair of amps form someone on this forum and they shipped both of them without any power cables?

I rang him and inquired about the missing cables and he informed me that he did not use stock cables for any of his equipment - and the next sentance suggested that I go on Amazon and purchase "$3 dollar cables" for them. (his words).

Also, I sent an email to Bel Canto support inquiring about replacement cables for the amps and after one week have not gotten a response from them. I also find this unusual, but it has nothing to do with the seller.

For me this is a matter of principle, and I feel like I should send them back - I would rather pay more and go through a dealer next time just so I can have some level of client care.

Am I making more of this than is necessary? 

What would you do?

Thanks for taking the time to review.

gotolondon2
Post removed 

Stooooopid.  I've got to have at least 30 stock cables in my junk box.  Never a problem.

Hello,

I get where you are coming from. This is pretty common among the audiophile community. I keep all of the original stuff that came with the stuff I buy. If it was important to you it should have been a question for the seller. That being said I would download the manuals and read what the amp came with. Also, If I was the seller I would have comped you for the cables some how. To start with what to do is ask the seller for them which you did. If you want these amps do not go any further with returning or filing a claim. What I would do is call a Bel Canto dealer and see if they have the original pc in stock. You would be surprised how many black 14 ga cables they have in stock or they throw away. I know this is not ideal, but let it go. If you don’t then you probably just wanted to return the amps regardless of the PC. Again you are talking to someone who loves to keep all original stuff with a purchased product but in the end you made a communication mistake and the seller assumed something. Please let it go for 15 pounds. It is not worth the stress and time you are wasting on this. 

Not only unless otherwise stated would I expect the power cords to be included, but I would also expect the power cords to be the originals.

Cables and Power supplies are whole separate components to audiophiles.  They can fetch thousands of dollars.  Just because a power cord comes with electrical “appliances “ doesn’t mean they should come standard on an Audiophile site.  We aren’t buying and reselling toasters here.  Should the buyer expect a pair of speakers as well?  After all you can’t listen to an amp without having a transducer, now can you?