Why exotic stylus not used on MM?

Is the reason why micro line or similar exotic stylus are not used in MM' s because the tonal balance will shift to higher frequencies?

meteu

Exotic Dance - Esoteric Dance - Ecstatic Dance, all methods of expressing oneself, outside of the mainstream commonly participated in forms of dance.

Interestingly all three can overlap into each other, as the disciplines do not restrict a unique expression for the dancer.

In other words the disciplines that are set to create a recognised dance from the mainstream are not needed when abandonment of a controlled expression is the fundamental.

Abandonment of readily available Technologies, and showing a preference for an 'obsolete technology' is not necessarily being a user of a item that has been deemed 'Exotic', it is the advertising spiel that was made about the item that grants this status, iit is also possibly mis-used by individuals who extend the use of the term for other items not labeled with the term in the sales spiel.

It would seem to myself and generally, that such individuals adopting this term, for very clear reasons, need to give their choices being made more relevance and seemingly have an ulterior  importance.

Narrowing it down to Cartridges, there are products on offer today that have Modern Technologies applied that are used in a very limited method, with materials that are not widely chosen.

I am yet to see these types of products be presented in a modern day Sales Brochure as being 'Exotic'. Maybe such a term has had its day and is only hung onto by a certain few, who needed it in another era, to make their choices convincing for them.

For the record, I have heard some of the Styli in the list above, I have not knowingly owned any of the listed on a Cartridge used by myself, but I have used Styli supplied from some of the Brands in the list.

At present it feels I do not need to make a choice to change to an alternative Styli, to achieve a level of replay that can impress more than the one I have in use at present. To achieve this, I would feel the Cart' being used,  would need to be a improvement in the entirety of the assembly of all parts selected.     

Knowledge levels/ignorance levels is the " name of the game " in any " audiophile ".

R.