SVS PB16 Ultra vs JL Fathom 113 vs ???

Looking for a high output high sound quality sub.  Read as must be capable of adding tons of clean low end for bass heavy music.  

Looking to keep it under 3k new or used.

yukispier

I would pass on JL. As an owner I have had a lot of quality issues. Two subs have both been returned twice for repairs and still have new issues…

i use 3 Funk Audio 18.0 subwoofers in my Home Theater room. these are big boy subwoofers, and have outstanding performance.

the Funk 18.0E is right at $3k and essentially the same subwoofer.

https://www.funkaudio.ca/store/p13/Funk_Audio_-_18.0E.html

a step up or two over the two listed. hand made including the drivers. the extension, articulation, and build quality is on another level. yes, a little more money, and you do have to get in line for delivery. this is the good stuff.

Nathan Funk was a pleasure to deal with.

highly recommended.

https://www.funkaudio.ca/store/p1/Funk_Audio_-_18.0.html

Wow Mr mikelavigne. They make some BIG subs. Nice veneers too.

Nice speakers too. jeez.

Some were 3 time or more the height of a beagle dog. That is close to 15" x 3. 

45" tall or more. I like it.. I liked the dog too, my buddy beagle was named Hoop! 17 years me and that dog hung out.. He went to heaven.

Regards

The SVS PB16 Ultra and Fathom F113 (both of which I owned) don't deliver much slam at all.  If you are wanting to feel some slam on bass heavy music you will have to most likely up your budget.  Remember one mans insanity is another mans moderation.  I have owned over 14 different subs in the last 4 years.  The only ones that deliver the sort of thing that you are describing is when I had 2 JTR RS2 Captivators.  Those literally damaged a ton of stuff in my house.  If you need help with output questions I have a huge databass of all third party tested sub measurements.  I can help you there.  A pro audio sub may do what you want, they don't go much below 30hz but they punch very hard in the music "realm" of bass.  Those can hit 135db for probably in your price range.  That would give you chest thump.