SVS PB16 Ultra vs JL Fathom 113 vs ???

Looking for a high output high sound quality sub.  Read as must be capable of adding tons of clean low end for bass heavy music.  

Looking to keep it under 3k new or used.

yukispier

Showing 2 responses by gregfaunce

The SVS PB16 Ultra and Fathom F113 (both of which I owned) don't deliver much slam at all.  If you are wanting to feel some slam on bass heavy music you will have to most likely up your budget.  Remember one mans insanity is another mans moderation.  I have owned over 14 different subs in the last 4 years.  The only ones that deliver the sort of thing that you are describing is when I had 2 JTR RS2 Captivators.  Those literally damaged a ton of stuff in my house.  If you need help with output questions I have a huge databass of all third party tested sub measurements.  I can help you there.  A pro audio sub may do what you want, they don't go much below 30hz but they punch very hard in the music "realm" of bass.  Those can hit 135db for probably in your price range.  That would give you chest thump.  

The Funk Audio 18 is not really a high output subwoofer.  It is a small enclosure 18" sealed sub.  It's performance numbers are online and it is really nothing special.  It is a good looking sub, but top performer it is not (at least in output).