I am enjoying my analog system, but what can I do to improve?

I currently have Technics 1200G turntable with Dynavector 17XD cartridge playing through Kitsune LCR 1 MK5 phono pre and Allnic L7000 preamp. My amps are Pass X350.5 and Benchmark AHB2 driving Sound Lab ESL speakers. My system sounds great, but I am wondering how I can take my system to another level. What do you think?

128x128chungjh

I would look into what you can do about your room.  Rooms make a huge difference.

chungjh, as others have already pointed out here, a 10'X10' square sound room, with or without furniture, is a challenging listening environment, especially with regard to the amplification you are using (way more horsepower than needed)! How high is the ceiling and what is it made of? Are the walls sheetrock or something else? Any windows in the room? Why those 2 amps? Those are very different from one another. You don't have them bridged, do you? Do you alternate using one and then the other? Also, how large are your speakers and where & how do you have them placed in the room? Where is your sweet spot or listening position (i.e. distance from speakers)? Sorry for all the questions but, as others have pointed out, that 10'X10' room is a challenge. Speakers, their room placement, your listening position and the acoustics of any sound room are critically important factors and variables. If moving your system to another, larger, more acoustically compatible listening room is not an option then the recommendation(s) about experimenting with speaker placement is sound advice (no pun intended).

I've never been a fan of electrostatic speakers and have never heard any, at any price point, that I've preferred over more conventional designs of similar or even lower price points, but that's just my bias. Speakers are probably the most personal choice of any audiophile component. If you like 'em, stick with 'em. I say this only as food for thought. With your sound room, you might want to consider high-end stand-mounters and a good sub as an alternative. If you are going to stick with that 10'X10' room, however, I would stay away from speakers designed with AMT type tweeters. Some reviewers of speakers like this have pointed out the importance of having plenty of empty space (e.g. 6' and preferably more) behind the listening position. This certainly jives with my experience in serious seat-time demos. As for beryllium tweeters, I can't say from personal experience.  However, given the sound room constraint you present, I'd want to do serious seat-time with those to judge possible high frequency reflection effects and listener fatigue. Good high-end headphones aren't a bad idea, either.

Jasonbourne52's and Ticat's recommendations for stylus care and record cleaning are great advice, especially investment in a good ultrasonic record cleaner and/or cleaning system. Keeping your stylus clean is critical. However, I would recommend you check with your cartridge manufacturer before using any liquid stylus cleaner or treatment to see what they recommend. I also subscribe to the use of a good carbon fiber brush before and after every play of every side (e.g. Audioquest), good anti-static poly sleeves (Mobile Fidelity), etc.

Are you using a record clamp or weight? If not, you'd be surprised at how much of a difference this will make. I prefer a good quality reflex clamp (e.g. Michell), as opposed to weights or record pucks, because I don't see the sense in adding more weight to a turntable's bearings and platter, even if they are designed to accommodate this. This would be a relatively inexpensive experiment, if you aren't already using something like this, as opposed to going off and spending mucho dinero on hardware replacement or upgrades that may or, likely, will not achieve the desired result(s).

Happy Hunting and please keep us posted on what you eventually decide to do.

Anytime I need my system to sound better by a factor of 2

I simply move things out to my covered patio, set up

with the speakers facing to the open sides and listen.

The change from a 10' x 10' room to the outdoor experience

might be enough to weaken your bladder.

I live in Arizona where this can be done pretty much year around.

Perhaps you should move here?

Dear @chungjh  : "" What do you think about the tone arm (on 1200G) or Kitsune phono stage? ""

You have " short memory " because I already gave you my advise about in a thread you started. Here it's:

""