Do different streamers really sound different when using an external DAC

Maybe this has been posted before but it seems that often when a post is made where someone has gotten better sound it’s because it was the streamer with included DAC that was changed, not just the streamer. No doubt a better internal DAC,  better file resolution, a better music service, will make a difference.

But I just want to see comparison of streamer to streamer with the same DAC implementation. I am currently using a Bluesound Node2i outputting via Coax into a high quality tube DAC
So here’s the million dollar question.

What have been your experiences in upgrading streamers, keeping everything else the same ie, DAC, cables, output type (Coax)? No doubt better control apps and having a display will elevate your experience but how about just sound quality. Anyone?

Thanks

128x128alvinnir2

@sbank That's a cool gadget for sure but how could that sound better than wifi?  Only asking because I use a mesh setup too and hardwire from the base of one of the mesh units but I cant see how using something where the signal is going thru actual electrical current could be cleaner than a wireless wifi signal.  

If so then I'm all in on one of those units but I just can't see how that could be a cleaner signal, wouldn't there be noise introduced that way even more so?

@blkwrxwgn I can’t explain it, and would say with Amazon, it can’t hurt to try and see. The same same concern crossed my mind. Maybe airborne  RFI, EMI, etc are more detrimental than the noise they the copper electrical? A few on audiophilestyle reported good results, so I tried it until running ethernet was an option for me. If someone explains why it wouldn’t make sense, that’s fine. Cheers,

Spencer

Just about ready to order one of these powerline adapters on Amazon to try hooking up via ethernet. In the description it states that both the "send" and "receive" units need to be on the same circuit. Since my modem is upstairs which is a different circuit (on my circuit breaker), than my audio system, which is one floor below, will this no longer work?

Bluesound is great with a wired either net connection,  good external DAC and decent cables. I could not say one is better than the other compared to the U1.

Sounds maybe a bit different but not better. 

I used Bluesound products (Vault 2 and the latest Node) for several years combined.  In my experience streaming via Bluesound sounds best when wired (vs. wireless), which in my case was with a wireless extender.  Adding a DAC is also a BIG plus... and upgrading the power cord helped some as well.

However, I just made the jump to an Aurender N10 server/steamer... and the improvement in sound quality in upgrading my streamer/server was significant.  Granted I went from a Bluesound that retails for $600 to an Aurender that goes for $8,000... so not an apples to apples comparison.  But for those that claim all "bits are bits" and all servers sound about the same, I don't find that to be true.