Can Music Reference MR9 drive Tannoy DMT 215 II

The Tannoy monitor DMT 215 needs 150 wpc to 500 wpc to drive it. I only have a Music Reference RM9 which is only 100 wpc. Will it ok to drive this monitor without causing amplifier clipping? Please advice! Thanks
kinhoang
The DMT215 specs out at 101db @ 1w 1meter. That's pretty efficient so I'd say it depends how loud you like to listen and in what size room. If you like to listen at high volume in a large room I'd advise against it- the temptation to turn it up louder will be too great. In a smaller room at moderate levels you should be fine. I'd keep an eye open for a more powerful amp either way- you may not be happy with the bass articulation using the amp you have- by the time you can hear clipping it may be too late.
No problem. I drive mine with Art Audio Jota HC monoblocks with 22-24 watts per channel depending on choice of output tubes. Bass response is superb. With 100 tube-watts per channel, these speakers will blow out your eardrums before they ever clip. You're lucky to own the 215 DMT!
The sensitivity spec says 104 Db/2.83V @1meter. That is a loud speaaker! Seriously you could probably drive these with any amp you wanted to use. 100 WPC is more than enough headroom, I would think, to avoid clipping. I agree with the others.
Thanks alls for advices. I did try the RM 9 for few hours last night. It sounded really good. Amazing! I only listen mostly Jazz, Classical and some easy listentings so would never go to loud. I also monitor to make sure the power transformer stays cool and it does. I have read Jburidan post ran it with Art Audio Jota HC. (It is a beautiful amp!). @ Jburidan, thanks and I just want to make sure not to clip that why I am seeking for advice.
I was going to use it with Rotel RB 1090 but I just got hooked with tube. Taking advices seriously, I will stay low at volume to avoid damage the Tannoy.
Aloha