Anyone own Linear Tube Audio Amps?

I am considering  buying an new LTA 40 Integrated amp. MSRP $7,650. 45 wpc.

I was considering the new ARC I-50 but now think this product may suit me better.

My speakers are Tannoy -94 Sensitivity and Fritz-87 Sensitivity. They both are fine

with my current Pass Labs INT25. 

The room is medium sized. I listen at quite low levels 60-70 db. Jazz & vocal mostly.

My thinking is that I will still get good detail but ad the warmth of tubes.

LTA gives a 14 day trial so I can a/b them with the Pass.

I checked the archives and nothing there of help.

Love to hear from any LTA fans.

chorus

I recently bought their ZOTL 40 with the NOS Mullard EL34's.  LTA stated that it is their warmest offering, and I would say that it is not warming things much at all.  It's a great integrated, but it needs to pair with a spearker/room set up that works with fairly neutral, articulate, speedy sound.  I'm going to try to find the right speakers to match them for a system, as I'm pretty sure they will be dynamite when matched right.

Wow now that was exactly what I hoped others would have to share!

WJ- Good feedback thanks. I did speak with Nicolas this afternoon.

He suggested some of his buyers traded Pass for LTA and were pleased.

Recommended the 20 INT over his 40. Cost same.

JJ49- Agree with your I-50/Zotl comparison. Nic said I should expect

most of the detail of the Pass only with more openness. Did not mention

loss of bass grip but...

RA81-Which speakers with the Ultra? Room size? Listening level? Thank you.

GHD- I see you have much experience in the ARC world. I have another friend

who is with you there. We toured the ARC facility last Sept which was what got me

started on this I-50 tangent. Have you had an opportunity to hear any of the

LTA products?

I own Ultralinear amps on Fyne (modern Tannoy) and it’s a superb match. I had the XA25 before and it did not have superior bass.

I had the XA-25 driving Spatial X5s, and it was a spectacular combination. I have been to LTAs facility and listened to several of their amps on Spatial Sapphire model. While this is not in any way a fair comparison (room, speaker, time), the LTA amps did not make magic, while the XA-25 did in a big way.

I have the MZ pre, ZOTL40 and use Janszen zA2.1 hybrid electrostats. This is the ultimate in synergy and yes the ZOTL40 can power electrostats to glorious levels.