Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@puffball08 aka Daniel in Orange county has been cutting trail w Degritter process. He has evolved a three step method w spinclean step, then a Turgitol cycle in degritter followed by a water only cycle. He has also been in direct contact w Degritter on duty cycle and taking some readings of temps as machine operates in various above cycles across a 8 or so record batch. Supercool.

Jim

My plan is to do an initial Enzyme step with my wet vac Nitty Gritty then the  Next 2 steps same as Daniel. The excellent sonic test of sending 16 discs to Perfect Vinyl Forever pushed me into pulling trigger on US cleaning…. And of course a lot of +++ influence from Steve along the way..best thread on AG

Jim

@mammothguy54  I’ve been doing the 2 tank cleaning method with the Degritter since I purchased the gadget last April.  Takes twice the time but worth it in the end.
I do groups of records, like 8~16 at a time.  After the Tergitol bath, I use a bamboo dish rack to store the records upright between bathes.  After finishing the group, I switch the tank to distilled water and run the records through again for a rinse.

Regarding Tergitol, I’ve found that using more than 0.7ml of the concentrate in the Degritter tank (1.4l) leads to suds coming out of the slot-not a good thing.

daniel

That was one of my issues in the beginning. Wanting to put more cleaner than I needed. I had very good results with just distilled water.

I've had my Degritter since last March.  I have been doing research for a while now on Tergitol, the proper mixture, application, pre-cleaning methods, etc.  I also have a Nitty Gritty so for used records that too lends a helping hand in a multi-step process.  I'll reach out for further information, as needed, etc.

What an awesome group of people here on this thread.  I learn so much.  I also hope to be able to contribute some, too.