Audio Research Ref75 se

Hey there! I’m new here :)

I have Vandersteen speakers model 2Ce.

now I came across a solid deal for an ARC ref75se.

sadly I can’t hear them combined, and a friend of mine told me it might wont have enough power to run my Vandys to their best since they are 86dB.

also if it can be a good combo for the vandy sound wise .

any suggestion about that would help, if not I have an other deal for Asthetix Mimas which I heard and was decent.. but I really like Arc and from what I read 75se is a superb amp, and I can get them for the same price.

thanks for the help!

mike30

For a no bs option the Bryston is a solid choice. Ensure the original box and receipt of purchase are included. The 20 year warranty is very nice. Bryston also offers the trade up program. Trade up on any 4b amp for the latest and greatest and they credit a very handsome amount. 

I’m still waiting to hear the amps

but another 2 joined for the race. It is the Ayre ax7. And the Ayre Vx-5 twenty With the KX-5 pre

ANYTHING ARC is probably better than anything else, with caveats, of course.  No company is perfect.  This one is a true GEM.  An ARC pre-amp would complete your system with the highest quality products available.  As you know, ARC pre-amps are, and have always been, considered the best of the best.

As for your speakers, I have no idea what those boxes sound like, but maybe in the future you can purchase some Magnepan speakers and then you will actually be listening to what was recorded on your source info.

Get the ARC amp and never look back.

Cheers!

Oh yes, don’t give it a second thought. I have my McIntosh MC30s driving Sonus Faber Venere S’s which recommend a 40watt min..  I have no problems, let your ears be the judge. 

Have you looked at the Luxman 509X.  This supplies Class for part of it's output so it won't overheat.  I think this would produce plenty of power.  Be curious what others in this group think.