Do I really need an " Audio Grade Network Switch "?

I think it's been a quite controversial topic for years, like what's the difference between normal network switch and an audio grade network switch, the price difference is certainly obvious though...
Anyway, I've done some researches, most audio reviewers say that under this " new digital streaming era " that an network switch is a must for an audio system, which is understandable for me, I mean because if I wanna play TIDAL or Qobuz or Spotify, I gotta use network so I can stream these online services, so yeah I get that if the network quality is good enough, it can possibly level up the music performance.

But anyhow, I'm new to this area, so I don't like to spend big bucks on my first purchase hahaha... there's a very wide range of the prices though, the top one is Ansuz Power Switch I think, the inner circuit and design look pretty sharp, and surely over my budget lol

So I'm choosing between Bonn N8 and SW-8, these two both got good reviews, and the prices seem so darn much friendly to me as I'm looking for an entry level switch now, do any of you have any insights to share?
or should I just go for the higher level ones?

Best,

preston8452

I can’t stand it, but this certainly proves confirmation bias. As an engineer, I can tell you 100% that cables and switches make no difference as long as they work. By definition, tcp/ip guarantees delivery of packets in the guaranteed original order, again by definition, they are 0’s and 1’s not .75’s or .56’s (lol). The only issue can be speed of delivery, and as long as the equipment is delivering packets at a reasonable clip (more than 10mb/sec let’s say, most or 1000mb today) there is no difference in sound quality that can possibly be introduced. Full stop

If these Switches are working for you the problem is the streamer and DAC unable to isolate Noise.

No denying it it actually does work on some audio gear that can not isolate noise properly from the network which gets into the DAC.

It has never made a diffrence on the Playback Design System i know used, and as a result i sold off all the junk audiophile grade switches.

I am under the impression these switches also reduce RFI/EMI. Some folks use 2 switches and a Network Acoustics Eno. I also found the Silent Angel is the same as the English Electric 8 and a couple other brands. Many of the LPSU are over 500 as well.  

All I have added is a power supply upgrade to my Node 2i. Cost $132.  This helped.  

IMHO, I would consult the manufacturer of your Ethernet connected gear. When I asked Andrew at Small Green Computer, who makes my Sonic Orbiter server and sold me the Sonore Ultra Rendu bridge, both of which connect via Ethernet, he recommended a $22 Trendnet Ethernet switch. I tend to trust manufacturers on issues like this, as they have the development experience and customer feedback that I don’t have. The Trendnet works fine and does no apparent harm to the sound, as far as I can tell. But since I haven’t compared it with an audiophile switch, don’t take my word for it. YMMV!