HELP FedEx Mangles Speakers - Refuses Claim

I received double boxed with ample foam padding top and bottom - large, expensive speakers that are crushed on the corners and bottoms. I took dozens of pictures while unpacking, have all shipping materials, filed claim, met with claims agent. I did it all correctly and was denied via form letter. Any legal referrals, appeals, BBB, class-action process help etc., is appreciated.
pbredi
Jburidan,

It varies state by state - but you can elect to have an attorney present in small claims court in most states if you so desire but it is rarely cost effective.

"In a handful of states, including California, Michigan, and Nebraska, you must appear in small claims court on your own. In most states, however, you can be represented by a lawyer if you like."

-Burt
Jaybo, there are so many sellers that flat don't care. I just went through this with a complete moron. The typical response "your package is the only one ever to have a problem". Great comments in this thread and all small audio businesses should read and learn.

Pbredi, you MAY have a good claim looking at the packing used.Did Fedex inspect the packing and sign stating adequate packing was used? If not what is the seller doing for you? Did you have a separate agreement?
For heavy items I insist on TRIPLE boxing with a lot of space -- more than 4 inches -- between the second box and the third box. This has saved me. I know, it is more expensive. But it is the only way for me to receive things safely overseas. I have had near misses but nothing has arrived damaged.
As I mentioned above. How was the consignee even able to file a claim with fedex? Anyone know the answer to this question?

Shakey
Regarding the shipper - technically I used my FedEx online account linked to my credit card to pay for and generate the ground shipping labels. I emailed those printable labels to the individual shipper in NY. This is how I was able to file the claim and be in the driver's seat to deal with the damage claim issues firsthand.

FedEx pickup up the double boxes at a residence and did not open or otherwise inspect the inside packing.