HELP FedEx Mangles Speakers - Refuses Claim

I received double boxed with ample foam padding top and bottom - large, expensive speakers that are crushed on the corners and bottoms. I took dozens of pictures while unpacking, have all shipping materials, filed claim, met with claims agent. I did it all correctly and was denied via form letter. Any legal referrals, appeals, BBB, class-action process help etc., is appreciated.
pbredi

Showing 3 responses by jp1208

If you think it is pretty much bomb proof packing then fight it to the end. They still have to prove to someone that it somehow does not meet there specs. Have them show you how they would have packed the boxes.
You have over 4" of good packing material surrounding the speakers and in this case it may be easy for you to prove your claim. It may be time for some legal action.
Jaybo, there are so many sellers that flat don't care. I just went through this with a complete moron. The typical response "your package is the only one ever to have a problem". Great comments in this thread and all small audio businesses should read and learn.

Pbredi, you MAY have a good claim looking at the packing used.Did Fedex inspect the packing and sign stating adequate packing was used? If not what is the seller doing for you? Did you have a separate agreement?
Metro04, you should send this to the DIY speaker guy I bought my speakers from. He wouldn't lift a finger and just blamed the shipping company for the loss. There was no claim to be had on my end since the speaker builder signed a waiver for the packaging used. Turned into a huge battle here until the thread was closed. Just when you think you can trust someone the door gets slammed in your face. Everyone take the advice above and protect yourself!