HELP FedEx Mangles Speakers - Refuses Claim

I received double boxed with ample foam padding top and bottom - large, expensive speakers that are crushed on the corners and bottoms. I took dozens of pictures while unpacking, have all shipping materials, filed claim, met with claims agent. I did it all correctly and was denied via form letter. Any legal referrals, appeals, BBB, class-action process help etc., is appreciated.
pbredi
Has anyone even thought of this? Fedex will NOT allow YOU to file a claim in the first place. The shipper has to initiate and follow through on a damage claim. Not YOU. How did this even happen?

As stated before, the shipper is on the hook here. If it's denied, he owes you a refund. If it's paid, the check comes to him and he forwards you the funds. You have more of a fight on your hands with him than fedex. Let HIM do the legwork.

Shakey
Would anyone be surprised if Fedex, UPS, etc., trained workers to mishandle parcels unless they were packaged by the parent company?

Are these strategies dreamed up by Harvard, Stanford, etc., MBAs to maximize profits? And their own executive salaries?

Would the shipping industry provide such bad service for no good reason?

Would anything surprise?
I had an incident in which FedEx opened the boxes of a pair of speakers that I had sold. They repackaged one of the boxes incorrectly and a speaker arrived to the buyer damaged, exactly where the foam had been incorrectly repackaged.

I received a check from FedEx. A couple days later, I got an email message from a new claims adjuster. She said she was denying the claim. She wasn't aware that the first claims adjuster had paid my claim.
Jburidan,

It varies state by state - but you can elect to have an attorney present in small claims court in most states if you so desire but it is rarely cost effective.

"In a handful of states, including California, Michigan, and Nebraska, you must appear in small claims court on your own. In most states, however, you can be represented by a lawyer if you like."

-Burt
Jaybo, there are so many sellers that flat don't care. I just went through this with a complete moron. The typical response "your package is the only one ever to have a problem". Great comments in this thread and all small audio businesses should read and learn.

Pbredi, you MAY have a good claim looking at the packing used.Did Fedex inspect the packing and sign stating adequate packing was used? If not what is the seller doing for you? Did you have a separate agreement?