Why spend more than $25 per piece of equipment on vibration reduction?

Do products more expensive than Vibrapods ($24 per set of four) provide superior isolation? I've been pretty happy with the pods, but I wonder whether spending somewhat more, e.g., on Iso-pucks, would bring notably superior results. Or is more a matter of visual, as opposed to audible, aesthetics? 

audio-satisficer

@jerryg123 who knows ? Maybe he got a margin call on all the Crypto pump and dump work he has been doing ? Can’t say I miss him….

I have a 250 lb turntable assembly that required a Minus K in an old wooden (restored) period Victorian. It was essential to eliminate footfalls. I don't think this could have been done on the cheap. I had a structural engineer look at it before I made the leap. Costly, yes. But necessary in my estimation, given the turntable. 

@chorus 

Interesting:  worth a shot at 1.60-1.80 per pad from Vibrasystems. . . they have EVA-BRF pads and EVA-BFP pads, which appear to be similar, but obviously different is some aspect:  maybe they'll be better than my puck stands!

I’d have to agree with @millercarbon that, if you’re not going to get into the really big bucks, Nobsound springs (found on Amazon) are the way to go.  I’ve got them under my 90lb speakers and under my subs.  They definitely improve speaker imaging and soundstage and, I no longer notice the subs vibrating the soles of my feet.

if your system is good enough to reveal a lot of detail in the imaging, go for them.  Otherwise, you might need to work on the weakest link in the chain, which for many people is the speakers.