聖HIJIRI Users thread

Based on a discussion with another forum member, I've been reading up on this Comback Corporation brand. The reviews I've found have been pretty positive, but I've also learned over the years to take all reviews with a grain of salt. So the purpose of this thread is for users to share their input on 聖HIJIRI cables. When you share, if you'd discuss what model of HIJIRI you demoed and what brands/models they were compared to, that'd be very helpful.

A little background: a few years ago I was reading the Audio Envy threads and decided to give them a try as the seemed to compete with much higher-priced cable.  So I decided to give AE a try. I found both the $179 P2 and the $279 M3 to easily best an Isotek power cord at $1k. So that got me thinking even more about value products. I was about to give Zavfino a try and then was given another recommendation to give HIJIRI a try. So this is how I got here. I'll be very interested to hear all user comments on HIJIRI and this should be a good repository for the brand.

Here is their website: www.combak.net

pokey77

“I was about to give Zavfino a try and then was given another recommendation to give HIJIRI a try”

@pokey77

Well, the easiest way to settle your quandary is to conduct a comparison between AE, Zavfino and Nagomi cables in your system. I find cable comparisons to be bit tricky. We post our impressions based on experience levels, system quality and personal taste and what we think is the best.

I went from AE to Zavfino and finally to Nagomi/TAKUMI. With each upgrade, I appreciated the leap in resolution, clarity and above all ~ purity of the sound. You don’t have to strain hard to notice the immediate shift in pitch black background with HIJIRI’s. If I were to narrow down to one aspect of HIJIRI’s that separates from AE or Zavfino is the fluidity. The HIJIRI’s conveys music in a most natural way without emphasizing any elements of music and with such smoothness than the aforementioned brands. In comparison both AE and Zavfino sounded constricted and forced.

As far price of these cables, only you can decide if it’s worth the upgrade over AE or Zavfino. I know the few here who have switched from AE and Zavfino found Nagomi’s to be simply remarkable and worth its asking price.

Agree 100% with @lalitk comments. I own 5 Nogami powers cords and the HCS speaker cables. I also listened to several Hijiri ICs in my system. I will add this additional comment. I find many cables sound similar in terms of staging. Specifically, how forward the music sounds. Yes, some small differences but Hijiri is tuned to set the stage back a bit and spreads out the performance. I love this about Hijiri cables. They sound natural, balanced and unforced. I particularly like the unforced nature. The music is not fired out of the speakers, but rather allows the listener to engage without any hint of being forced. 

I worked with the US importer/dealer Gestalt Audio Design in Nashville. Colin is wonderful to work with and quite knowledgeable.

Interesting comments on this cable. How about the high frequencies?

Many times, cables that move the sound stage back also reduce the high frequency extension.

Can anyone comment?

ozzy