Electro-Harmonix 6H30pi Gold vs Sovtek 6H30pi eb

Hi, first, I can't afford 8 of the 6H30 dr's. My preamp tubes are over 4 years old, I almost replaced the preamp, but my BAT VK 51SE is here to stay for awhile (poor me, it's pretty good!)

1)Has anyone compared the Sovtek 6H30's to the Electro-harmonix 6H30's?

2)Several places like thetubestore.com and tubedepot.com offer matching on the Sovtek 6h30's. Does anyone know a supplier that matches 6H30 tubes for Electro-harmonix? I emailed both the above places and they currently don't offer matching for the EH 6H30's.

Thanks in advance!
128x128jfrech
I was researching these tubes and this thread came up in my search engine. How would users of either of these tubes rate their bass performance? With an ARC SP10 clone preamp I have and I'm finding the bass lacking when I've used 6N6P-EV and 6N1 tubes in the front section. I confirmed with the previous owner that 6H30pi tubes can be used with this preamp. I can't afford the Reflektor NOS 6H30DR supertubes though.

Thanks in advance.

Both the Sovtek and Electro Harmonix are made in the same factory, same tube.  If anything might change the tone, it would perhaps be the gold plate to improve contact.  Source: Upscale Audio. They also match and offer cryo at a premium (as does Cryoset) .

I would be interested if any opinions, heard difference, to include cryo vs non treated.  Victor at BAT, says he doesn't believe it the treatment but does not say why.  As for matching, in my VK50SE, Victor does not seem concerned about more then 10% or 15% mismatches, as the balanced preamp "blends nicely" the differences.  Who would have thought. Last thought on cryo, I buy 7591A EH from Cryoset, and there is a noticeable difference for that power tube.

Final thought on the new manufacturer and base knowledge so far from members, "extreme precision matching" may be a waste of money on the 6H30 depending on the equipment.  Noise, microphonics, and grid current, are more important according to Victor.