Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

@dsper 

I have an Audio Research Ref75SE driving my pair of CS.5’s that I bought from Bay Area Audio back in the day. The authority of that amp mates well with the baby Thiels in an almost magical way. No low end bass of course but the coherence and musicality above 40 Hz or so is amazing. In my larger room it works satisfyingly well for everything but the really big orchestral works. My taste is jazz and alternative so this suits me fine.  

The Ref75 has a lot of power and slam. I don’t know if you really need that for the baby Thiels but it’s quite a bit better than the 50 wpc AR integrated I was previously using. 

miyu

Good to see you here again. Thank You for suggesting ARC Ref 75SE with Thiel loudspeakers. I am a Jazz Hound as well.

Happy Listening!

@unsound If you don't expect live volume levels, it might work.

I was think thinking the same thing as this is not intended to be a full range, serious listening system. 

@miyu8

Your experience would indicate that 60 wpc of my CJ amp might be enough.

Thanks for the discussion!

Just to let everyone know that after a 2 month wait, took delivery of my new Coda CSiB integrated amp today. So far so good. My CS 2.4s seem very happy with it. And more importantly, the Mrs is happy with it. Also happy to report that I ordered it just in time to avoid a sizable price increase. My local dealer, Mike Kay of Audio Archon told me that prices on the Coda line have gone up 15% across the board. Will report more after this new baby has had more of a chance to break in.

jazzman7

Nice score on the Coda CSiB integrated amp.

Happy Listening!