Primaluna?

I’m thinking about giving a full tube setup a go and Primaluna in particular.  Looking to hear people’s experiences with Primaluna in general. My main draw to them outside of tubes is there auto bias and protective features.  Wondering if people generally replace a single bad tube or if people are replacing all tubes of that type when there’s a failure.  Also would be interested if there were any other companies with at least a similar protective feature. The auto bias sounds great but the protective features are a bigger deal to me.  

brylandgoodman

My friend,

Before I purchased my Primaluna power amp I called Upscale Audio and spoke with Kevin directly. I did all the research I could, but was still on the fence regarding tubes. Some of the questions I had were will it give me enough power to enjoy my music at any level? Would it be simple to play and maintain? Would I out grow it in a year or so? Kevin answered all my questions and made me a promise that in five years after owning the product I will be blown away by its effectiveness and he was absolutely right. Now, I must admit, I want to replace the one I currently have simply because I can only imagine how good the model above mine must sound. However, there are two things stopping me from doing so. The first is that I am truly enjoying the sound quality, and the second is I do not want to take the time to break in a new one. My system seems to be just perfect. I know that’s a strange thing to say for most audiophiles, but it’s the truth. One change in any piece of my equipment frightens me.

Respectfully,

East

@aberyclark absolutely, that’s how I use it. It’s better for the looks and for heat dissipation! I listen in the dark, and I enjoy tremendously the warm glow of the tubes. I have the black and I love the looks :-)

I'm going to repeat my mantra, **KT power amps will begin to lose market share** Its only a matter of time.

I believe, really, the future is Full range type systems, with addced tweeters added woofers.

Which speakers sound best with DHT's. 

You do not need 50 watts of power for speakers with 92+ db sensitivity.

THis is why you see chinese brand KT 88 amps prices falling.

FREE SHIPPING, all over the Inet.

But for DHT's shipping, $$$$$$.

I am glad  to have bought the DHT amp so I can post YT videos  and comments here on audiogon so i can bring attention and clarity to these  wonderful and mysterious DHT tubes.

The reason most (90%) of audiophiles went for KT series amps is for afforadibility and speaker demands.

Now with these new high tech FR + prices for the new DHT designs have been become affradble.

($2k-$5K) vs  decades ago where new DHT's ran you ,,more than I can count. 

Its only a matter of time before this new revolution begins to  take shape and pick up speed.

I think PL will also have problems with new  sales #'s as he sells more amps, which eventually will result in more  PL's on the used market.

Kevin really needs to beging having sales events, xmas and the 4th.  if he wishes to maintain sufficient market share to stay viable.

Some  audiophiles will only buy *on the deal*, not at regular price.

This is The New Economy of  economics. 

@mozartfan 

You never cease to amaze, you just can’t help yourself. Your proclamations….where to start…..you don’t know what you are talking about.

ghasley

1,392 posts

@mozartfan 

You never cease to amaze, you just can’t help yourself. Your proclamations….where to start…..you don’t know what you are talking about.

Yep. He reminds me of someone else. Can't quite remember who...