Selling on Audiogon

It appears that it has become more difficult for individuals to sell equipment on Audiogon. com. Has anyone else had that experience. PayPal requires you to set up a business and the other available option also appears difficult. Am I alone in such an experience? Any other alternative that can be suggested?
joscow
I have not read all three pages of answers so forgive me if these opinions have already been offered here...1. Audiogon has grown increasingly into a “subsection” retail operation of it’;s own!...2. Most people who look at Audiogon also consider posting/reading both USaudiomart and CanuckAudiomart! And finally...3.As two of my posts bear out within the last (I’d say) five years the offers and terms with selling to the Audiogon community have become ridiculously filled with lowball offers and unrealistic buyers!...Just my two cents worth!:-(
.....I would definitely agree with you azjake and after 21 years here on Audiogon it has changed and so have the buyers. The fees are outrageous with any third party you involve for payment and then Audiogon charges you a percentage. There is a gluten of used equipment in the marketplace and the lowball offers that are just ridiculous from people who I feel are really not serious to begin with or who are looking to just flip your equipment to make a profit. Hey it is free market system but it gets old …….I have been using and looking at US Audio Mart these days which does seem to be getting more attention these days and less fees. This used to be fun.....I also think Covid has also played a factor in today's audio world. Stay safe and well everyone.           

Do we have a resident accountant on this? I already pay taxes on 96 things. If I sell interconnects to a buyer in Montana and deliver them do I get to deduct travel from MA? Only if they're balanced?

Does this mean if a buy an amp new for $10,000 and pay the $900 state tax and then sell it used for $7,000 that I now must pay income tax on the $7000 sale? Some 20-30% of additional tax beyond the initial tax paid? 

Double taxation?

I sell a used table we no longer need on our local Buy, Sell, Trade Facebook neighborhood site for $600 and now must pay federal income on this sale? We already paid the tax sales tax on the table 10 years ago and sold the darn thing for 1/10 of what I paid. Now I pay income on this yard sale type of sale. 

This seems so wrong.  Just me?