East Coast Service center referral needed for an ARC D-300.2 amp

Happy 2022 everyone!  I recently purchased a ARC D300.2 amp and would like to have it serviced; however, ARC has informed me that they will not service the piece any longer nor do they have any replacement parts for this amp.  the ARC rep did say that a skilled and qualified service tech will be able to rebuild or restore any parts that may need repair.  Please help me with some locations that will handle any repair or service issue and will have the ability to restore discontinued internal parts. 

thanks!

Mark

mhinrichs34
Post removed 

Audio Research has produced some of the most amazing audiophile pieces of equipment over the last fifty years. As I have earned the funds to add pieces of ARC gear, my system has gotten better and better. I have never had a piece of Audio Research gear need servicing. If you are able to afford better and more contemporary ARC components, you will be continually amazed at what is possible. I now have all contemporary ARC Reference components… truly amazing, really a dream come true.

ARC is long running legendary for a reason but. lets face it, impossible to stock all the parts needed forever and in the case of power supply caps impossible, they can go bad on the shelf… The amp can be recapped w modern parts but it is modification work the factory might not want to perform or stand behind or have gum up the flow of work they are prepared to do. There are many audio firms that this situation applies to. ARC life any storied company has flaws and detractors. i wish them well as they make other choices. Hopefully in twenty years time they are happy…..

You have some great components, especially that Ref preamp ;-) my suggestion in looking for soeakers is chat with and visit a few experienced ARC dealers, they will know what pairs well.

Finally how wonderful that the sound and music have you so energized and inspired, should we all wish to do as you !

Jim

Not to bash ARC but telling you they can’t fix or restore your amp is something you’d rarely hear from the folks in Binghamton ....   

@oddiofyl

seriously now, ’not to bash’, or specifically to bash?  that is whole purpose you posting on this thread right?

how nice of you to drop by to chime in... twice 👍