East Coast Service center referral needed for an ARC D-300.2 amp

Happy 2022 everyone!  I recently purchased a ARC D300.2 amp and would like to have it serviced; however, ARC has informed me that they will not service the piece any longer nor do they have any replacement parts for this amp.  the ARC rep did say that a skilled and qualified service tech will be able to rebuild or restore any parts that may need repair.  Please help me with some locations that will handle any repair or service issue and will have the ability to restore discontinued internal parts. 

thanks!

Mark

mhinrichs34

Showing 4 responses by oddiofyl

Hopefully that pans out for you.... good luck.  They are good guys over there in Jersey....    I really replied to this thread because I hear this too many times about Audio Research.    Not to mention all of the collateral damage when  tubes fail.   

They abandoned support on all of those xxx.2 amps , thats horrible and the main reason when I bought a pre and an amp recently they weren't Audio Research.

They are good sounding amps , no doubt and I hope Johnny and team have you enjoying it soon

Not to bash ARC but telling you they can’t fix or restore your amp is something you’d rarely hear from the folks in Binghamton ....   

I should say that C15 and 7100 never gave me any trouble and I almost doubled my money on them ....  

Listen they are great sounding amps , but they don’t do what other companies do for their legacy products. That is a fact. I’m not a McIntosh fanboy by any measure. I had some of their products from the “Clarion” days.... probably the darkest days ever for them . They weren’t bad, the entry level was better than most brands top efforts at the time and that still holds true today .