Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

tecknik,

Thank you for that information. I have also found that different lengths can change the equation as to gauge size.

Right now, I have noticed that if I connect my mono blocks to the same grounding box, and if I press my ear up close to one speaker, I can hear a faint noise. But if I separate the amps to 2 different grounding boxes there is zero noise.

I have also noticed some other very interesting changes that sometimes defy "my" logic.

ozzy

Ozzy,

Interesting observation on cable length , I have a lot of different lengths and notice no change and with my amp, I have both the binding post grounded to separate boxes as will has rca to its own box and I hear zero noise from my speakers.

I am using tube mono blocks, which with tubes, generally have some sort of low-level noise. But as I stated I could tell even that noise to dissipate. I am pretty much now using 16 gauge solid .999 silver and have been happy with the results. But I do have some heavier gauge (12ga) running from my amps. I also have one length of Entreq Atlantis cable, that was the reason I started this thread. I still can’t understand why it is so expensive.

And, in addition to my Entreq Silver Tellus and my large DIY box I also have a couple of smaller DIY boxes that I use at my negative speaker terminals.

ozzy

Thank you and I respect your opinion, but I consider it just your opinion and not actual experience.

Its engineering. FWIW I did a survey about this topic a few years ago. What I found was that there were grounding problems in every system where the box was shown to be an improvement. To back this up in at least one of the manuals of one of the ground box product, the manual states exactly what I said- that if all the equipment has a proper grounding scheme internally, there will be no benefit.

Usually an Ohmmeter is all that's needed to sort this question out.

Ok, but my ears can hear the improvement and my brain can appreciate it. If it can't be measured it must not be?  It reminds me of the age-old topic of power cords not making a difference.

ozzy