Chi-Fi in the Time of Self-Righteous Indignation.

I have to say the timing of the folks over at eacoustics in impeccable.

So Kevin Deal at Upscale release his Video on Raven Audio giving us something to chew on in this forum and W. Jennings gives us this.

128x128jerryg123

Pretty sure we are reaching peak PC. Crying "racism" in order to shut people up has gone from scary to effective to now a joke. Chi-fi is racist? Really? REEEEE!!!

It has nothing to do with being politically correct. Do we use this same slang term to identify audio products manufactured in any European country? How about any of the other Asian countries? Maybe the Chinese can refer to the audio equipment produced in my home state of Texas as Redneck-Fi? 

@femoore12 Agreed and the fact is companies/people build products not countries.

No, not all countries have that much freedom. The fact is some governments are so totalitarian that the people and companies that exist there only do what they're allowed to do.

@builder3 

No, not all countries have that much freedom. The fact is some governments are so totalitarian that the people and companies that exist there only do what they're allowed to do.

You are absolutely correct. I work overseas in some challenging areas and this is how some countries operate. Most of these governments aren’t telling these companies what to produce, but they are requiring foreign companies operating in their country to purchase materials from these national companies. Good or bad these products are required for doing business. 

Redneck actually refers to miners at the turn of the century wearing a red handkerchief around their necks to signify the solidarity to the brotherhood of organizing and securing a safer work place for miners and there long term health and welfare. The spouses and dependent when accidents took life, limb, and always health early in life left THEM to fin for themselves. Life was short for everyone in mining.. Except.. 

BTW it's still the same crappy life and folks from there. They defend the heck out of the crappy conditions. The government could give a CRAP. They ain't digging coal. Other people are. Mining equipment sucks..

Regards