Wilson Benesch-Great or just Okay?

On the verge of a buying decision.

Hoping someone with ownership experience

will educate me about the brand.

Much Appreciated!

chorus

Why is it that those who know least have the most to say? Wilson and Wilson Benesch are not the same company. There is not really a thing called the "British sound". As Ghasely says, there are many British speakers and they sound different. Listen to ATC for example and compare them to Harbeth.
Empty vessels do make the most sound.

If you haven’t heard Wilson Benesch speakers, assuming you know what they sound like because you have looked at a picture, read part of the website and maybe read a review or two is foolish.  

There is nothing typical about WBs sound.  The crossover approach, and where use the isobaric bass system makes a difference.  The Carbon Fiber cabinets and damping approach are what truly set WB apart and what causes the cabinet to disappear.  Many people who have not really taken the time to explore these more advanced materials in speaker design don’t believe it makes a difference.  It does and it has far more of an impact than you would guess.  

regarding bass and treble with WB, their frequency response is shockingly flat.  Treble is not as bright as other speakers and you need to select your amps accordingly.  Bass is extremely tight and refined and simply is not boomy.  If you like a big, flabby bass sound, WB is very much not for you.  

How and WHY would anyone post an opinion on something they have no experience with?

I don't get it.

That is an excellent question!

It happens all the time here. Maybe some of those who like to provide their opinions on unheard equipment could weigh in so we could understand.

coralkong

How and WHY would anyone post an opinion on something they have no experience with?

I own a pair of Wilson Benesch Square 2's. I've been a fan of British Speakers and have owned a number of them over the years. The speakers I own, are very fast reacting to inputs, and are very precise with vocals and horns. Base response is quick if not "big", so if you like alot of bottom heft, these are not the speakers for you. Some adjustment in speaker placement make the addition of bottom end available, however my room does not permit alot of these options. They are clean and precise, clarity is a good word to describe them. The speed of the drivers can make these speakers difficult to add Subwoofers into the system. I can't speak for other Wilson Benesch speakers as I have had little long term experience with larger units in their catologue.

Hope this helps.