Wilson Benesch-Great or just Okay?

On the verge of a buying decision.

Hoping someone with ownership experience

will educate me about the brand.

Much Appreciated!

chorus

@mozartfan 

British sound? Come on man…you should consider a subject before forming an opinion, let alone posting. Wilson Benesch doesn’t sound like Harbeth which doesn’t sound like Rogers, which doesn’t sound like B&W, etc etc. Wilson Audio doesn’t sound like Magnepan nor Zu…

i own wb precision p3.0. i run it with ayon and vitus. i think midrange is really nice bass ok highs ok. i like to listen to music not analyze it. ive heard dynaudio c4 contour 3.4s. spendour d9. magico s5 mk1. magico s5 is better.  highs are very clear but bright. in my room it would be ruined by reflective seurfaces

Why is it that those who know least have the most to say? Wilson and Wilson Benesch are not the same company. There is not really a thing called the "British sound". As Ghasely says, there are many British speakers and they sound different. Listen to ATC for example and compare them to Harbeth.
Empty vessels do make the most sound.

If you haven’t heard Wilson Benesch speakers, assuming you know what they sound like because you have looked at a picture, read part of the website and maybe read a review or two is foolish.  

There is nothing typical about WBs sound.  The crossover approach, and where use the isobaric bass system makes a difference.  The Carbon Fiber cabinets and damping approach are what truly set WB apart and what causes the cabinet to disappear.  Many people who have not really taken the time to explore these more advanced materials in speaker design don’t believe it makes a difference.  It does and it has far more of an impact than you would guess.  

regarding bass and treble with WB, their frequency response is shockingly flat.  Treble is not as bright as other speakers and you need to select your amps accordingly.  Bass is extremely tight and refined and simply is not boomy.  If you like a big, flabby bass sound, WB is very much not for you.  

How and WHY would anyone post an opinion on something they have no experience with?

I don't get it.